On 06/03/07, Martin Bochnig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why should JamesD not be considered a core contributor?
And - if not - at least have a right to vote?

p.s. The whole thing really begins to disappoint me.
Maybe I'm not the only one.

Martin, I agree that the current process for contributor recognition
is quite different than what I have seen in other communities.
However, this is also the first community I have been involved with
that had a formal voting process, governance, and so on.

I myself sent a request for contributor status to cab-discuss several
days ago, had a few positive responses, and then never heard one way
or another about what would happen from there.

I suspect though that this entire process is still being worked out.
Specifically, it would appear the process for obtaining contributor
status is defined in a document (charter / constitution?) that has yet
to be finalised so it seems like it is a fluid process at the moment.

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/