Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:11:20 +1100
From: "James C. McPherson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [osol-discuss] Re: [osol-announce] Intel Project going live
To: Glynn Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Sherry Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        Open Solaris <opensolaris-discuss@opensolaris.org>

Glynn Foster wrote:
>Hi Sherry,
>
>Sherry Moore wrote:
>>The Intel Project is now live at
>>
>>        http://opensolaris.org/os/project/intel-platform
>>
>>It is a collaboration site for enhancing Solaris performance on Intel
>>platforms, enabling and utilizing new features on Intel processors,
>>accelerating driver availability, and other development efforts for
>>making Solaris the Unix operating system of choice on Intel platforms.
>>
>>Discussion will take place on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Please see project page for details.
>
>I realize that you may be unable to answer these questions, but there's
>couple
>of things that kind of bug me a little bit -
>
>       o Core Developers Mailing List
>         Subscription is restricted to people doing actual
>          coding or reviewing. Is this based on a social
>         restriction of wanting a list of good technical
>         content, purely legal that we can't talk about the code in
>         public, or otherwise?
>
>       o onnv-intel: Anonymous push/pull is disabled. You must
>          either be a leader of this project (or a committer for the
>          onnv-intel repository) to push/pull.
>Neither of which feels very inclusive, and suggests that quite frankly,
this
>project might not be a good fit for *open*solaris.org. I'd love to hear
some
>perspective on this, and why you made the decisions you did.

Agreed. Given Bryan's questions to OGB candidates last week
it does make me wonder.

Sherry: can we have a [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing
list as well, and leave the list(s) hosted at opensolaris.org
as fully open?

Re the hg repo, could we have named pull rather than a blanket
"you must be blessed" restriction?

cheers,
James C. McPherson
--
Solaris kernel software engineer
Sun Microsystems

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Sherry Moore, Solaris Kernel Development
http://blogs.sun.com/sherrym