On 02/04/07, UNIX admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With respect to many kernel features, Mac OS X is
> stuck in the early 1990s.

Em, yep! As a Mac OS X (l)user, I can testify that OS X is about as dumb as a
doornail underneath the slick Aqua GUI.

They perverted the nice FreeBSD UNIX by crossing it over with a braindead MacOS
9 and the experimental CMU Mach kernel and created a genetically mutated
monster, that is neither MacOS nor FreeBSD UNIX. However, they advertise it as
FreeBSD.

Makes me really feel guilty that I bought a Mac. And here I thought that it
would be UNIX (which is why I bought it to begin with).

Supposedly Leopard will have UNIX certification according to Apple's
advertising materials. That will be interesting to see...

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/