On 05/04/07, Darren J Moffat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
However you shouldn't need to luactivate to switch between them anyway
just select them from the GRUB menu (or if this is sparc use devaliases
entries for each slice)

No, x86. I was wondering if I actually needed to use luactivate given
that all the entries showed up on my Grub boot menu. If so, that would
be great.

> Is my best option to do the whole liveupgrade process over again for
> the b60 slice?

boot the b60 slice and do this:

1. Install the b61 live upgrade packages from the install image
2. lumake -n b55
3. luupgrade -n b55 -u -s /path/to/install_image

This leaves you with S10u3, b60 and b61 which isn't what I think you
want.  So try this.

No indeed :)

boot the b55 slice and do this:

1. Install the b61 live upgrade pacakges from the install image
2. luupgrade -n b61 -u -s /path/to/install_image

I haven't actually tried this second style in quite a while but it did
work for me in the past and I believe it should work just fine.

Will do later tonight.

The key is that you will have to have the b61 lu packages installed on
your b55 image though.

Thanks for the response.

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/