On 06/04/07, I. Szczesniak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 4/3/07, Steven Xie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is this mean We should use Solaris original utilities under
> /usr/bin
> instead of posix ones under /usr/xpg/bin.
> It's really surprising. Well, we can live with it.

We can barely live with it. Solaris is a very delicate platform when
you try to rely on standards in your products. Many details which are
standard on other operating systems are optional (especially POSIX and
multibyte locale support) which makes it difficult to maintain a
Solaris port.

What other platforms are you speaking of? Linux isn't POSIX compliant,
and most of the BSDs aren't. So which ones?

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/