> I seem to have not been as clear as I should have. I
> sugest Nero not because there is no other alternative
> but because it is simple better. from and end user
> rospective it is highly intuative, can do anything
> you could posibly want,

Actually, no, it can not. For example, the kind of UDF 1.50 images I create and
burn, Nero can't do.

> has every cd or dvd feature
> out there, and has a more powerfull (yes this is true
> go through the technical documentation if you must)
> engine then cdrecord.

It would greatly interest me, from a technical standpoint, to learn of a piece
of software that has a more advanced engine than cdrecord.

Please be so kind as to point out where Nero's burning engine is better than
cdrecord.

> Graveman and others are good but not as
> good, most of the UI's are still feature incomplete,
> while Nero is a full package and all very closely
> knit.

I believe that what you're really saying in the above paragraphs is that you're
so used to Nero and you like it so much, that you actually want *someone else*
to do the porting for you to Solaris.

Two questions come to mind when I think about that.

1. did you lobby the makers of Nero to port it to Solaris?

2. if all you really care about is braindead "clicky-bunty" stuff, why do you
care whether it runs on Solaris or not? You have "clicky-bunty" on Windows. And
on MacOS X. You don't need Solaris for that.