>   How can they include closed-source ATI/Nvidia drivers in a GNU/Linux
>   LiveDVD without violating the GPL ?
The NVIDIA/ATI drivers work off-the-DVD even when used as a live DVD/
You can play a quake-clone 3D fps shooter, right off the DVD.
Infact the DVD offers a "Play Game" option right in the boot menu.

I dont know about the GPL violations. But the definitely have the drivers.

Why dont you download the CD/DVD and give it a try?

Also, the KDE (default) destkop) has an icon called "Get Live Help"
It is just Konversation setup to connect to #sabayon with
sabayonuser-XXXX (XXX= some random number) nick.

For newbies, it's a great thing, IHMO.

Could we put something like this in the next belenix release?
Also, Moinak, if you want , you could have a look at their
"accel-manager" thing.
It's gives the user the choice of switching between  accelerated and
non-accelerated desktops.

For belenix, this would be another great usability enhancement.

IMHO, anyone who's trying to make an OpenSolaris based distro, should
have a look at Sabayon.
Some of their usability enhancements make it very easy for a newbie to
try out Linux.

Thanks
Manish
begin:vcard
fn:Manish Chakravarty
n:Chakravarty;Manish
org:SpikeSource Inc;Solution Engineering
adr:;;;Bangalore;Karnataka;56008;India
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Associate Software Developer
tel;work:+91-8041810800