> > SchilliX was already fully Opensource before, so what is special in Belenix?
>
> Moinak managed to convince 5 or 6 friends of his to help out. Belenix
> also seems to have reached or almost reached critical mass, as one of
> the top two leading non-sun OpenSolaris distros. (From a completeness
> point of view).
>
> I don't know why Schillix has not. I'd imagine it's a matter of how
> persuasive you are and how clearly your goals are defined. Personally
> I feel that having a goal of being an open source distro does not
> provide enough differentiation.

Well, Belenix stared with the claim that it will deliver what Schillix does not.

At that time, Schillix did already deliver what Belenix claimed to bo but
Belenix did not. This looks a bit unfair....

Fair?  It's all about personal motives, personality and critical mass.
Fairness wise, Linux shouldn't have taken off because there were a
number of fully functional open source operating systems already
available. Now they play second fiddle.

-Brian