On 15/05/07, Brian Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/15/07, Doug Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Brian Gupta wrote:
> >> another Sun product. I think the JavaOS model is back
> >> in the picture.
> >
> > JavaOS? Don't you mean uCLinux? (Reread the article)
> >
> >> I'd like to see some head-to-head comparisons of the
> >> jPhone versus the iPhone.
> >
> > Personally I think the jPhone is a non-starter. uCLinux yes, Java
> > maybe not.
> >

> Why? I would buy one tomorrow if was a fully open platform.

There are going to be a slew of uCLinux based phones coming to market
within the next 12 months. Why would I buy one from Sun, when I can
get one from an established cellphone vendor?

Why would it be from Sun and not an established vendor?

--
"Less is only more where more is no good." --Frank Lloyd Wright

Shawn Walker, Software and Systems Analyst
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://binarycrusader.blogspot.com/