I ran into an issue with trying to install b65 onto a previously partitioned disk on an IBM stinkpad. The disk had three partitions: Solaris2 (b64a), Linux (Ubuntu 7) and Linux swap.

I installed Ubuntu first, letting it overwrite the MBR with its GRUB and then proceeded to boot the b65 DVD.

When I got to the point in the installer (GUI/Custom/Fresh install) where it asks me for disk information, the installer complained that there was in error in reading the disk table (or something like that) and it said that I needed to use the entire disk for Solaris, trashing the other partitions (I clicked on the "Back" button before committing that). Why? I've never seen this type of behavior before from Solaris. It has always respected other operating systems on my machines, including a Sun Ultra 20 where I run three OSs: Solaris 10, Windows XP 64 and RedHat 4.

I retried using the upgrade install option and that seems to be working (still working on the as of right now). Although, it never asked me for disk information, so I'm hoping that it didn't trash the Linux partitions. It's not a big deal if it did, except I don't want to get into an infinite installation loop. I'll know in a bit if that is the case or not.

Anybody have any ideas?

thanks,
-john