OpenSolaris will have to get it's users from the Windows world, and not the
Linux world? But the Linux users come from the Windows world. And the Linux
users have a mentality closer to Solaris, than any Windows user.

Imagine there was only Windows and Solaris. For a winuser to switch to Solaris,
it would be a too large step. When you want people to change their opionions
and habits, you always start with something small. Make them try this little
thing out. And step by step, you change them. Making people taking a large step
at once, doesnt work.

Linux lets people to try out something other than Windows. And when they are
used to Linux, the step is not far away to FreeBSD or Solaris. Small steps.

It's like if I say that cereals and sugar is not good for you, but fat is. How
many would believe me? Not many. But if I talk about low GI food and then it is
easier to convince you to try that. And after a year, I can talk about my most
radical thoughts: fat is good for you. Mix fat with cereals, and you are dead
soon enough. I claim that cereals are posinous and lethal. Avoid cereals at all
costs.

Now, that was too radical for you, right? Same with Windows and Solaris. I
think that Solaris will gets its users from the newly switchers, those that
havent found "home" yet. When they have precisely left the Windows world, and
hesitate, and stand on trembling legs in this new brave world, Solaris will be
there to greet them. I think if Solaris is at least as friendly as Linux (but
rather friendly as Mac OS X) and if Solaris is technically better than Linux,
Solaris will find it's user. And the users will find Solaris. We will get our
users from those that recently left the Windows world. They will try out
several different OS, give it a chance, and if Solaris is not friendly enough
they will leave.

I am legend.