An interesting idea... if you want to use Solaris, here I have a
suggestion, as below:

Solaris
  +--- samba foler
           +------ your-access.mdb
           .
           .
           .
           .
           .
Windows----F: (mapping to the above samba folder)
   +      /|\
   |       |
   |    read/write
   |       |
   |       |
   +----- your Access Applications

--
Ricky Zhu

Visit us at our website at www.hactl.com

DISCLAIMER :-
The information contained in this message, including any attachment, is
confidential and may also be privileged. The information is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review,
re-transmission, copying, storage, distribution or other use or disclosure
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender immediately by return email and delete this message from
your system. Thank you.