On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Mike DeMarco wrote:

> I did not want to mention brands because I have had this same problem
> with every computer that I have bought.

I must get lucky, I can get Solaris working on most hardware these days,
albeit some has some quirks. I'd like to know what exactly the hardware is
that you're having so many problems. Chances are there might be something
to help some of those problems.

It's a good thing you probably hadn't tried installing Solaris 7 on
laptops, or even Solaris 8, that was really tough to get a laptop
operational back then.

--

Alan DuBoff - Solaris x86 IHV/OEM Group