Stephen Lau writes:
> Gueven Bay wrote:
[...]
> > My question is - maybe someone just can clear it here - : It must be
> > possible to make a small installation of SXCE to compile on-src (I made
> > nightly compilations based on fully installed SXCE already, but I want to
> > minimize the installation now) . Which minimal set of packages should I
> > choose for installation if my goal is then to compile the sources (with
> > gcc)?
[...]
> Nope - nothing on the SXCE CD/DVD is legally redistributable.

As for the other question, I think the real answer depends on how much
your own time is worth.  You'd be chasing a moving target in figuring
this set of packages -- not just changes in the SXCE packaging over
time but in the ON dependencies over time.  It's hard to do, and
you'll almost certainly end up hitting obscure problems that you'll
have to diagnose and repair on your own -- because nobody else will
have exactly the same configuration.

If your time is worth nothing or nearly so, then go for it.
Otherwise, I'd recommend just installing the whole thing and, for
security, minimizing the service configuration rather than trying to
scrape bits off of the rotating rust.