Mike Lehman wrote:
> I am running Nevada build 64 and every time I open a document from a samba
> mount with either Star Office 8 or Open Office 2.2 and perform a "Save As" it
> becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit the application. I can click on
> the save button and it works just fine. I can create files and folders on
> this share, but every time I run the "Save As" option it makes the
> application unresponsive.

How did you do the mount ? Solaris doesn't have smbfs in build 64.

Do you mean that you used Nautilus (the GNOME file manager) to browse to
  the folder ?  If so I'm not really susprised that StarOffice doesn't
work that well since that isn't a real filesystem but an illusion of one
that only really exists in GNOME (which StarOffice isn't part of)
applications aware of gnome-vfs.

Try copying the file locally and saving it back to the samba server.

Or try the recently announced alpha 2 smbfs bits from here:

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/smbfs/

--
Darren J Moffat