Kyle McDonald wrote:
> A different question.
>
> What is the recommended way to make lofi device to file mappings permanent?
>
> I remember something about creating your own RC script to create the
> devices at boot time, but has there been any developments in this area I
> might have missed?

Thinking about this further, I think I might be able to throw something
together to help with this.

I think I could probably write a 'mount_lofi' script that would accept a
filename, run lofiadm, get the  lofi device name, and then mount the device.

What I'm not sure of, is how to configure 'mount' to run my 'mount_lofi'
script if/when it sees an entery in vfstab with a 'lofi' fstype?

How does one go about increasing the number of filesystem types 'mount'
understands?

  -Kyle