> I talked to Lennart during the week, and he's keen to see PulseAudio in
> Solaris
> as well. He mentioned that the feature set would be significantly reduced
> since
> OSS (when integrated) won't nearly provide as much capability as Alsa does
> on
> Linux, but confirmed it does work fine on Solaris already.

I'm sorry if I look like a Negative Nancy, but that's a load of crap based
on his hate against OSS.

One of the points of a pure software mixer (which is what PulseAudio is)
is that all processing, mixing, effects, channel assignments and whatever
else is controlled by and lies on the software side and doesn't require
more than a bunch of dumb output channels without even proper volume
control.

I don't really see the point of an audio server, if the native audio
interface very well supports software mixing itself. Maybe not as
sophisticated as PulseAudio, but that type of sophistication is more sugar
coating than practical.

-mg