Hi John,

See it as you will, but to accuse the OGB of being spineless is a bit...
well unfounded and accusatory.  FWIW, several OGB members were and
continue to be vocally opposed to Sun's decision (myself being one of
them), but when it boils down to it, it's Sun's decision for better or
for worse.

Even if the OGB were unanimously on the side of disagreement, there's
still nothing it can do.

Frankly, the OGB is pretty much powerless in this regard.  We have the
ability to govern the community within the rules and framework of the
charter and constitution, but we do not have the ability to tell Sun
what it can do with its trademarks.  Given Sun's decision to
strategically shift its view of what OpenSolaris is (note, strategic
does not necessarily imply *good* strategy... modern United States
military decisions are evidence of that, but I digress), it's
questionable whether the "OpenSolaris Governing Board" should continue
to exist.   At best it reverts to its original role of the "Community
Advisory Board".  It seems like all we can do is advise Sun, and if Sun
choose to ignore the advice, well so be it...

cheers,
steve

stephen lau | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.whacked.net