On 09/29/08 13:47, Orvar Korvar wrote:
> This pdf talks a lot about Solaris beeing RT. But I thought RT OS were very
> specialized, and not used in common OS? You can not have the cake and eat it?

There are various degrees of "real-timeness", depending on a number of
benchmarks: response, jitter, etc. You can configure a Solaris system to
meet the specific needs of your application, e.g. create a processor set
dedicated to RT tasks, while directing interrupt handling and TS tasks
to other processors, which could produce very deterministic RT performance.

Also don't confuse real time OS with embedded OS.

-Artem