[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Gary Barker wrote:
>>> After issuing the [i]pkg image-update -v [/i] command, the updated
>>> packages appear to have been downloaded within 1/2 hour (version
>>> 5.11-0.99), but after 3 hours, it still shows [i]Creating Plan[/i]. The
>>> hard drive is continually running and 98% of the memory is in use along
>>> with 17% of the swap. Is there a problem here?
>> How much memory do you have in your system and what build are you
>> upgrading from?
>>
>> --
>> Shawn Walker
>>
> Shawn: I have 512 M of RAM and am upgrading from 5.11-0.0

That could certainly explain it.  However, when I asked which build, I
meant snv_xx, as found in the output of "cat /etc/release".

Your system is going to take a long time to complete the update because
of the low amount of memory in your system unfortunately.

We're working to address this issue, but in the meantime, things will be
painful.

--
Shawn Walker