Che Kristo wrote:
If you are concerned about the availability maybe move it to at least a stable opensolaris release, running of SXCE in production seems to be asking for trouble

Thanks for the reply. I am aware that SXCE isn't the best release. I've been planning a move to 2009.06, but I thought if this is a hardware problem, then I should fix that first.

I'll try exporting the data pool, installing 2009.06 onto the root disk and re-importing. I understand this should preserve the data perfectly. Of course, that should provide a more stable platform and I'll report back if I'm still having the hangs.

Thanks