> Oh I agree, but I bet there's a lot of us who have
> been using, live
> upgrading, testing and providing feedback on SXCE
> since it was a stroppy
> teenager and haven't made the leap into the
> OpenSolaris realm.  It's
> been too stable for its own good.
>
> --
> Ian.

Of course!  I have been using SXCR (?) since at least build_26 (the earliest
build that I still keep a complete set of CDs--there was no DVD then).  I will
be more than happy for Sun's developers to continue to provide all those
conveniences as well as the great live upgrade services as you mentioned for me
for free, while I don't have to give anything of value in return (Sun itself
has an excellent QA team for Solaris anyway).

But for the long-term health of Solaris, I chose to switch to OpenSolaris as
soon as it became available.  At the present time, I am not yet able to
contribute, but at least I filed my complaints. :-)