On 08/ 8/10 10:54 AM, Stefan Parvu wrote:
Another idea: I was driving today and came to my mind: huh
what could be a better example about a simple and classic
HPC setup, used on a practical matter: BMW Oracle Racing !

Is this a retired business used only by academic and governments ?
Of course not. BMW is a very commercial entity seeking profits.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/events/hpc_consortium2010/bmw_oracle_racing_frank_albina.pdf

Does this mean Oracle system's are not suitable doing HPC ? I bet Larry
does count if his team ends on 3rd or 4th position...

Looking at the link above, their using HP Blade servers and Linux. I hope it makes him realize there's a need for HPC in Oracle and Solaris. He needs to advertise that this can be done using Oracle technology.

Paul