Bayard Bell wrote:
> Alan, come on. What does access to basic patches have to do with production
> deployment?

Because that's the business model Oracle's business people have chosen.

> Why aren't there reasonably priced subscriptions available for development,
> education, and evaluation that package support and tools?

I have as little idea about that as you do.   I can just tell you what
is, not why it is - I'm an engineer, not a VP or marketing analyst,
and ranting at me is wasting your time, there's nothing I can do but
sympathize.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com