On 04/ 1/11 01:35 PM, Andrew Greimann wrote:
> I believe a while back last year I had asked if it were theoretically
> possible to build a distro, and how much source must be with it, for which,
> I'm happy to state, I got a clear answer. However, can one provide source
> only for modified/built binaries, link to the Source Browser for unmodified
> source, and have the software be totally legal with the CDDL?

While I'm not a lawyer, if I was an end-user, I'd find "get the source from
the browser" to be a horribly unacceptable solution - having to write a web
crawler or manually download each source file does not reasonably satisfy
providing the source in a usable format for building.

On the other hand, I'd find hg clone from src.opensolaris.org to be fairly
reasonable for internet connected users - some arguments lately have even
suggested that's better than a tarball of a snapshot of the source.   How
you satisfy requirements for people without good internet depends on the
terms of the licenses in question.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com