On 10/ 4/11 01:47 PM, Ian Collins wrote:
On 10/ 5/11 09:33 AM, Glynn Foster wrote:
On 5/10/2011, at 7:43 AM, Edward Martinez wrote:

I am trying to install it over the Solaris 11 2010
version.

Since solaris 11 ea is meant for companies that are Gold members and
not really meant for the general public like solaris 11 express is.
I think image-update from solaris 11 express to solaris 11es is not
supported.
This is correct. We will hope to be able to support 2 upgrade paths to
Oracle Solaris 11

- Oracle Solaris 11 Express to Oracle Solaris 11
- Oracle Solaris 11 Early Adopter to Oracle Solaris 11

That second one's good to know, thanks Glynn.

The technical problem with upgrading from S11 Express to S11 EA is that
the version of pkg included in snv_151a doesn't know how to deal with
some of the new package information found in the snv_173 packages,
especially around dependency types and the linked image functionality
used with zones, so it can't figure out how to upgrade to it.

To fix this, a backport of the new pkg software to snv_151a needs to be
done, and then made available in the repo so that you can update to the
new version of pkg on 151a before then using that to update to a release
using these new pkg features, and that wasn't done in the EA release
timeframe.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersm...@oracle.com