Following previous messages, to get Solaris Express 11 updated I had to run:

pkg uninstall 'pkg://opensolaris.org/*' \
> 'pkg://contrib.opensolaris.org/*' \
> 'pkg://jucr.opensolaris.org/*' \
> 'pkg://Multimedia/*' \
> 'pkg://kdeips-dev/*' \
> 'pkg://ips.enst.fr/*'

This basically cleaned out all the troublesome packages.  I am a little
disappointed have had to remove KDE.

Now after a successful update, trying to boot I get:

/kernel/drv/amd64/nvidia: undefined symbol 'pm_destroy_components'
warning: mod_load: cannot load module 'nvidia'

(please note, this message may not be exact, as I wrote it down and typed in in
after I booted into another environment)

Basically it just locks up right there and doesn't proceed any further.  I
suppose it means I need to remove my latest nvidia driver that I had upgraded
manually to.  I guess it's going to get a little messy, since I now need to
work on a non-booted boot environment now.

Can anybody think of a simpler solution?
Am I attacking this correctly?

I'll get back to this on Sunday.

Thanks,

Paul