Andrew:

Thanks for the information, but it does not work. I will have another
look at the documentation, since I may be missing something in the new
release.

For example, I use a line like this /etc/user_attr file for each user
that needs to have root role access:

user::::roles=root;profiles=System Administrator,punchin;lock_after_retries=no

You can omit the ",punchin" if you don't use it, of course.

But you say it does not work.  If you are using a user with settings
like this in /etc/user_attr, and if you are seeing issues, then what
does not seem to be working right?

Also, Darren is right that the GNOME Panel does not support the
sudo-like default of not requiring re-authentication for a period
of time.  But note that the panel should not pop up dialogs asking
for passwords if your user is associated with the "System
Administrator" profile, only if your user does not, but has access to
the "root" role.  So, it is pretty easy to configure users with RBAC
to not require passwords to run the programs needed.

Brian