I know this is a Solaris 11 point, but I thought it would be still good to post strange behavior with Solaris 11. At least if anyone else notices it and to decide if it is a bug?

# zfs set share=name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,
        prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global dpool/andrew
name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global

# zfs set share=name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,rw dpool/andrew
name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,sec=sys,rw=*,public=true,log=global

It does not remove the none specified items, so how do I remove/reset a setting?

zfs get share
NAME              PROPERTY  VALUE  SOURCE
dpool/andrew share name=andrew,path=/dpool/andrew,prot=nfs,public=true,log=global,sec=sys,rw=* local

In the end I did a remove share and recreated it!

Any thoughts on how to remove a property of a share?

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Watkins * Birkbeck College