On 03/ 5/13 12:16 PM, Ram Chander wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am importing zfs snapshot to oracle solaris 11 from anther host
> running oracle soalris 11.  When the import happens via "zfs recv" ,
> it locks the filesystem, "df" hangs and unable to use the filesystem.
> Once the import completes, the filesystem is back to normal and
> read/write works fine.  The same doesnt happen in Solaris/OpenIndiana.
>
> # uname -an
> SunOS solaris 5.11 11.1 i86pc i386 i86pc
>
> Zfs ver: 6
>
> Any inputs would be helpful. Is there any way to overcome this freeze
> nsolaris-disc...@opensolaris.org
Maybe best thing you can do is to create ZFS dataset with version 5 ,
not 6 and try to copy data to version 5 dataset.
I think one can send/receive only to the same zpool/zfs versions on both
sending and receiving systems.
Eather way, this mailing list and all under opensolaris.org domain name,
will soon be closed and shut down and made unavailable by Oracle,
so you better ask on Illumos, Openindiana mailing lists and Oracle
Solaris support forums.

Openindiana is based on Illumos kernel/ OS/Net consolidation and
Opensolaris based free software. Solaris 11 have closed source OS/Net
and other parts open, part of them sharing in userspace with Openindiana.
Any changes made to Solaris11 after forking off from Opensolaris are
specific only to Oracle Solaris and not present in Open ZFS
implementations under Illumos,Linux(ZfsOnLinux,ZfsFUSE) and FreeBSD .
(OSX have one very old open source and another current but closed and
CDDL-infriging). Same goes for Open ZFS implementation new features,
base on "Feature Flags".

Vesions of ZFS pools supported in Illumos distributions are Version 28
for the pool and version 5 for ZFS datasets and Newest versions of ZFS
il illumos (and other implementations) have Zpool "version" 5000 and are
using ZFS feature flags.

Therefore, in order to be able to mount and use Zpools and datasets on
both Solaris11 and Illumos and other open ZFS implementations, one needs
to make and use
version 28 zpool and version 5 ZFS.
It is unknown if Oracle Solaris 11 will ever implement "Zfs feature
flags" that all other Open ZFS implementations are using or get rid out
the ZFS versions.
Or use Illumos distributions, like Nexenta, OmniOS, Openindiana, SmartOS
that does not depent on only one closed vendor.