-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Thomas De
Schampheleire
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 3:01 AM
To: opensolaris-help@opensolaris.org
Subject: [osol-help] Re: Does the dmake do incremental building?

On http://opensolaris.org/os/community/on/devref_toc/devref_4/ I read that it
is possible to compile only parts of the kernel using make/dmake directly. This
would speed up compilation in test phases.

However, when I modify a file, for example uts/common/disp/disp.c, and then run
cd uts
dmake common/disp

I get: `common/disp/' is up to date.

I did change the file, so it is not anymore up to date. What is the reason for
this, and can I force dmake to compile something?

A second question:
When testing is over and I want to have the full kernel, am I obliged to
compile it as a whole all over again, or can I have a real incremental build.
No-one replied to this thread upto now...