As mentioned in my office hours, and Oskar Linden's office hours last
week:

Thanks to Brad and Falcon Linden the SL simulator will soon support a
very simple command line interface (CLI) console we're calling "simconsole".
The motivation for it was primarily for debug and prototyping, and
the list of commands available is currently very short, but we'll add
some more soon and maybe it will become a useful tool for intrepid
Residents.

The simulator support is currently on the beta grid (aditi).  It was just
promoted to the "Second Life Beta Server" channel today so is on most of
the regions there.  It was previously on just four regions using the
"andrew-maint-server" channel.

In order to play around with the simconsole you need viewer UI support.
I've just created a bitbucket clone of lindenlab/viewer-development with
the simconsole UI added for those who want to build and play around with
it.  Clone or pull from here:

http://bitbucket.org/andrew_linden/viewer-development

To open the console type:  CTRL + SHIFT + `  (CTRL + SHIFT + backtick)

I think there is a "help" command, but otherwise there isn't any
documentation yet.

You'll have to be an LL admin or estate manager to run any of the
commands that change anything.

- Andrew