On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Nicky Perian <nickyper...@gmail.com> wrote:

Which windows command prompt should be used? I have used Developer Command
> Prompt for VS2013
> which defaults to 32 bit tool set via %comspec% /k ""C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat""
> The C:\Users\Bill\P64\viewer-build-variables\convenience script, at
> default, also sets a 32 bit tool set.
>
> So, what terminal should be used for 64 bit? VS2013 x64 Native Tools
> Command Prompt sets 64 bit tool sets via
> %comspec% /k ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 12.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat"" amd64? Or, will the convenience script set the
> system build variables and pick the proper tool set regardless of which
> terminal is used?

Please update your autobuild-1.1 from
https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/autobuild-1.1 . In the last couple days I
pushed a change that makes autobuild build use its --address-size switch,
along with the AUTOBUILD_VSVER environment variable, to set the environment
(notably the PATH) to run the command specified in autobuild.xml.

(It actually looks up the VSnnnCOMNTOOLS environment variable selected by
AUTOBUILD_VSVER=nnn and internally runs the relevant .bat files to set
those variables.)

On a plain prompt on my system, with no vcvarsall.bat active, that permits
me to run either 32-bit or 64-bit builds depending on the --address-size
(-A) switch.

> Next question, what distro and gcc version is being used for linux builds?

The near-term answer is that we need to be able to build on Debian wheezy
with gcc 4.7.

Our ops team is busily working up Debian jessie images, but that's not yet
available. I don't know off the top of my head what gcc version is the
default on jessie, but for now it's moot.

P.S. I will have a better fix for the llceflib problem, along with a fix
for the openjpeg issues, next week. Happy Thanksgiving!

--
NAT LINDEN | Senior Software Engineer | Real Life: Nat Goodspeed LINDEN LAB