Dear colleagues,

This is a cross post from the routing-wg mailing list, as we believe this might

We are pleased to announce that we have published the source code used by the
RIPE NCC for the RPKI back-end (the RPKI core) under the 3-Clause BSD licence
on Github: https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/rpki-core

The RPKI core is the RIPE NCC's software for creating and maintaining RPKI
objects based on the registry's current status and publishing these in the
repositories.

The RIPE NCC hosts the authoritative repository internally. We use the
repository on Github to publish the source code externally. The first commit is
identical to the source code in the RIPE NCC's internal repository at the time
of that commit. The changes between releases are squashed and published to this
repository on deployment, and the `main` branch reflects the code used by the
production CA.

We encountered several challenges while preparing this project for an
open-source release. The main challenges were that the system uses proprietary
elements that were part of the revision history and cannot be made public.
Furthermore, it was not possible to review all historic commits. We plan to
present our challenges while open-sourcing this project at RIPE 84.

If you have any questions about this change, please contact the RIPE NCC's RPKI
team at r...@ripe.net.

Kind Regards,

Bart Bakker
Senior Software Engineer