Hello everyone!

This week Andrew Makovec is giving a talk.

Ever thought about designing your own smart home? In this week's talk, we'll
focus on practical applications of replay attacks on off-the-shelf home
automation devices, allowing them to be controlled with a Raspberry Pi. On the
way, we'll delve into how these devices transmit data over the air and how we
can intercept and replay these transmissions using only a $20 RTL-SDR dongle, a
Raspberry Pi, and free and open source software packages. We'll also discuss
how we can tie these replay attacks into popular home automation suites, such
as Home Assistant.

The talk will be tomorrow, Thursday evening at Caldwell Lab room 120, 7:30 P.M.

Hope to see you there!

Christopher Davis
Treasurer
Public Relations Officer The Ohio State University Open Source Club 2024 Neil
Ave, Columbus, OH 43210 2347160710 Mobile
davis.5...@buckeyemail.osu.edu<mailto:davis.5...@buckeyemail.osu.edu>
opensource.osu.edu<http://opensource.osu.edu>
The Open Source Club at The Ohio State University

https://opensource.osu.edu

The Open Source Club
1739 N. High Street
Ohio Union Resource Room