salzr> The export regulations say that US persons can't export. They
salzr> are silent on what happens after the code has gone offshore.

I don't think that's quite correct.  What it says is that strong
encryption code can't be exported from the US, except to Canada.
Thenationality of the person has nothing to do with it.  Otherwise, it
would just be for any company in the US to ask some foreign consultant
to come to the states and produce code, and that would be that...  If
that loop-hole existed, you can take my word that there would be a
whole bunch of companies that would have used it (hell, I would have
gotten a couple of jobs that way!  :-)).

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vice Chairman and  \ S-161 43  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.