OpenSSL Project wrote:
> 
> 
>     o The EVP and ASN1 stuff is a mess. Currently you have one EVP_CIPHER
>       structure for each cipher. This may make sense for things like DES but
>       for variable length ciphers like RC2 and RC4 it is NBG. Need a way to
>       use the EVP interface and set up the cipher parameters. The ASN1 stuff
>       is also foo wrt ciphers whose AlgorithmIdentifier has more than just
>       an IV in it (e.g. RC2, RC5). This also means that EVP_Seal and EVP_Open
>       don't work unless the key length matches the fixed value (some vendors
>       use a key length decided by the size of the RSA encrypted key and expect
>       RC2 to adapt).

I have started working on a complete overhaul of the EVP system as I
need to
do this for the inclusion of PKCS-11 support. How do I sync that with
the rest 
of the project?
I would not like to put this in CVS at the moment as it neither compiles
nor
is in any state other than a mess at the moment. I dug my way through
the 
asymetric ciphers by now an will tacle the symetric ones next.

mfg lutz
-- 
*******************************************************************
Lutz Behnke                             Tel.:   040 / 766 29 1423
TC TrustCenter for Security             Fax.:   040 / 766 29 577
in Data Networks GmbH                   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Am Werder 1    
21073 Hamburg, Germany

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

Reply via email to