>The best way is to talk Peter Gutmann into donating his randomness-gathering
>code (or to implement something similar). For efficiency that should
>probably be combined with a seed file.

This has already been done so it could be used with GPG (actually it's always
been available for the asking, but recently I made it more official).  Grab
the latest beta from http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/cryptlib/download.html
and start with lib_rand.c, which contains the following (RMS-approved :-) usage
notice:

/* This module and the misc/rnd*.c modules represent the cryptlib
   continuously seeded pseudorandom number generator (CSPRNG) as described in
   my 1998 Usenix Security Symposium paper "The generation of random numbers
   for cryptographic purposes".

   The CSPRNG code is copyright Peter Gutmann (and various others) 1996,
   1997, 1998, 1999, all rights reserved.  Redistribution of the CSPRNG
   modules and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
   are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

   1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice
      and this permission notice in its entirety.

   2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the copyright notice in
      the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

  3. A copy of any bugfixes or enhancements made must be provided to the
     author, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to allow them to be added to the
     baseline version of the code.

  ALTERNATIVELY, the code may be distributed under the terms of the GNU
  General Public License, version 2 or any later version published by the
  Free Software Foundation, in which case the provisions of the GNU GPL are
  required INSTEAD OF the above restrictions.

  Although not required under the terms of the GPL, it would still be nice if
  you could make any changes available to the author to allow a consistent
  code base to be maintained */

Peter.