In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

> yesterday I decided to take a bold step and compile the new release of
> egcs (1.1.2) on my alpha, since someone claimed it will produce better
> code.
> To my surprise, it produced garbage. dsa_test did not stop printing "*"
> and ".", bn_test failed completely, rsa_* got errors in Decryption and
> Encryption, x509 couldn't digest the signatures and all sorts of wierd
> errors. With both asm/alpha.s (with patch for BN_div_words) and
> bn_asm.c.
> egcs 1.1.1 worked fine, though. Both compilations were done from
> SNAP-19990316-1530 under Linux 2.2.1/glibc 2.1.
> Can anybody confirm on this ?

Your problems seems to be really related to the Alpha platform. Because at
least under my FreeBSD 3.1 box (PII) it compiles fine and passes "make test"
without problems when compiled with EGCS 1.1.2.

> As a sidenote, is anyone interested in my patch for adding BN_div_words
> to asm/alpha.s ? It is mainly a trivial copy-and-paste job, but I'll
> give it a go over the weekend, maybe I can sqeeze something out of it.

There is always anyone who's interested. Just post your stuff to this list so
it doesn't get lost and be considered to be comitted to the source tree.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com