On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 02:08:00PM +0200, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> P.S. Common comment about this list. Or rather the way the list software
> is configured. I've answered another question (about Solaris 7 x86)
> yesterday. After I sent my reply away, I've realized that it won't rich
> the person who asked the question unless he's subscribed to openssl-dev.
> Indeed, the original message was sent to openssl-bugs and had "Reply-To:
> openssl-dev" header. Wouldn't it make more sense to add "Reply-To:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]" if [s]he
> is not subscribed to the list?

Yes.  The right thing to do of course is to never set Reply-To to the
list (unless the sender of an e-mail message does this) -- it's
everybody's responsibility to pick "personal reply" or "group reply"
as appropriate, or (should it appear necessary) edit the headers to
something different.  When "Reply-To" points to the list, one has to
use "personal reply" to answers to the list, and use "group reply"
plus manual header editing to answer via personal e-mail, which
doesn't make too much sense.