> I beleive wsock32.lib is the 1.1 lib, and ws2_32.lib is for winsock 2.
> Anyway,
> wsadata->szDescription  contains "WinSock 2.0" after I initialize. If you
> take a look
> using the dependency walker you will find that wsock32.dll uses ws2_32.dll
> so it is
> probably just a 1.1 backward compatibility layer. Nonetheless this layer
> could be
> implementing the timeouts for all I know. Will test the ws2_32 variant
> later.

wsock32.lib is a link compatible shim which redirects its functions
calls to ws2_32.lib.

    Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
              612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025
  http://www.kermit-project.org/k95.html * [EMAIL PROTECTED]