Yes certainly !

Raaj Krissna wrote:

>Later i came to know that if anybody wants to
> form the communication between the client and server
> then the server must send the certificate to the
> client.

No, not really ! You can use SSL in anonymous mode. In
this mode, you use ciphers which donot require the server
to send it's certificate. But it's not recommended to use it
this way.

> I tried in so many ways(by writing the programs in "C"
> using OpenSSL API's) to establish a communication link
> between the server and client.(I even tried the
> example client/server applications which are given in
> the "/apps" directory.But none of them worked out
> well.

You must not have specified the options correctly.

> 1)Shall anybody tell me "if i want to send the
> certificate of the server to the client which ".pem "
> file i have to mention in the server?" and

The server's certificate in pem format. see the -cert option
with s_server.

> 2)Once the client receives the server certificate how
> it has to check that server's certificate?
Specify the CAfile (the CA of the server's certificate)
to the client.It will do the rest by itself.

> There are a lot of doubts in my mind regarding the
> certificates and "key"files.

Its all pretty simple. The certificate contains the public key
and the 'key' file contains the private key. Both are a unique
match.

> Shall anybody send me a simple client/server
> application which is written in "C" and that works
> perfectly on Linux?
The applications in .../apps run perfectly well on linux.
It would help to read the docs for the apps.

Good luck,
Amit.