Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

> From: Daniel Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> kyhwana> Im having problems with getting openssl to make shared libs
> kyhwana> in FreeBSD.  It just doesn't seem to make them, even when I
> kyhwana> do a ./config shared.  Any ideas? Could I be missing
> kyhwana> something obvious?
>
> Yup.  From INSTALL:
>
>   shared        In addition to the usual static libraries, create shared
>                 libraries on platforms where it's supported.  See "Note on
>                 shared libraries" below.
>
> The key phrase here is "where it's supported".  We haven't added
> support for shared libraries on any BSD yet.  I'm currently working on
> NetBSD with exactly, and I suspect that should work on at least
> OpenBSD and perhaps FreeBSD?

I have had no difficulty making shared libs on FreeBSD.

        P_CONFIG=./config
        A_T= linux-shared
        PERL= /usr/bin/perl
        PFCFLAGS= -pthread -D_REENTRANT -O2
        PLDFLAGS=
        INSTALL= install-linux
        TFLAGS= threads
        PREFIX= $(shell /bin/pwd)
        OPENSSL= $(PREFIX)/openssl
        RSAREF=
        SOVER= 0

        $(P_CONFIG) --prefix=$(PREFIX) --openssldir=$(OPENSSL) \
        $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $(RSAREF) $(TFLAGS) $(XFLAGS) -L$(PREFIX)/lib

this handles the config.  The make target should be linux-shared.