Kidding about doing it at all, or about Windows CE not having a C runtime
library?

I am doing this, though not putting much effort into it because it's just to
get a small app of mine working.  I've got libeay32.dll and the tests built,
and have verified that rsa_test.exe works.  I'm not all that interested in
the SSL stuff at the moment, but I'll get to that later.  I'm using a Compaq
iPaq PocketPC.  If you ask whether I'm kidding due to these devices being
toys, well the iPaq has a 206MHz StrongARM processor and 32MB RAM (you can
play full colour MPEG movies on these things).  The rsa_test completes in
the blink of an eye.

As far as the C runtime goes, for anyone who's interested, they do supply
many definitions in the header files though many of the functions do nothing
(there's no console, stdin, stdout, time, open, errno, and the list goes
on).  And for functions that they do supply, parameters and return types
often have different types to what's expected.  I've been writting a library
to fill the gaps, providing the missing functionality, including a console
window.  I may not have anything by next week as I first though, but soon.

Steven