Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The release of OpenSSL 0.9.6a beta3 and the true release have been
> delayed.  The reason for the delay is mainly due to the following
> paper and the need to add a fix for the problem it describes:
>
> http://crypto.stanford.edu/~dabo/abstracts/faults.html

Thanks for addressing this issue.  The current fix for RSA-CRT, i.e.

+       if (rsa->e && rsa->n)
+               {
+               if (!meth->bn_mod_exp(&vrfy,r0,rsa->e,rsa->n,ctx,NULL)) goto err;
+               if (BN_cmp(I, &vrfy) != 0)
+                       {
+                       if (!meth->bn_mod_exp(r0,I,rsa->d,rsa->n,ctx,NULL)) goto err;
+                       }

is not activated if the key material doesn't provide n.  Wouldn't it
be a good idea to calculate n = pq if it's not present?

Of course, calculating e is not so easy, but it should be possible to
derive it as well (from d and q).

OTOH, it's probably faster to calculate n = pq and not to rely CRT at
all.

--
Florian Weimer                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/