On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Make complains in crypto/hmac:
>
>   make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../include/openssl/idea.h', needed by
>`hmac.o'.  Stop.
>
> The dependencies in crypto/hmac/Makefile.ssl make hmac.o dependend on
> idea.h, rc5.h and mdc2.h but that seems pretty unnecessary since hmac.o
> is build even w/o these files.

These problems were fixed by my patches in December. I guess they
haven't been committed yet. See:
"http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg10318/096c.pch.gz";
for the patch to the 0.9c version and
"http://www.mail-archive.com/openssl-dev@openssl.org/msg10317.html";
for the patch to the 0.9.7 version.

These ensure that the header files are created in the appropriate
directory even when the algorithm is excluded. You will also need the
header files when you do "make test".
                               Doug
__
Doug Kaufman