On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:00:46PM -0800, John Hughes wrote:

> Since s->rstate is set to SSL_ST_READ_HEADER prior to record
> decryption and decompression, wouldn't SSL_pending() still
> incorrectly indicate that there is data ready to be read in cases
> where either of these fail?

I guess so, but applications should not continue to use the SSL object
after such fatal errors.  I'm not sure what happens if you use
SSL_read() in this case -- wouldn't it return some (garbage) data
anyway even though decryption or decompression has failed?

Probably ssl3_get_record() should reset the record after such errors
to make the library more robust.  I think there may be more cases
where the library behaves strangely if an application uses an SSL
object after a failure for this object.

--
Bodo Möller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
PGP http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/moeller/0x36d2c658.html