Hi

I'm currently writing an S/MIME Gateway which transarently
signs/encypts/verifies/decrypts mail messages. As input, I get the raw
mail, including all headers and mime parts.

I already successfully parsed a pkcs12 and signed a message, however, a
few things are open:

SMIME_write_PKCS7(out_bio_buffer, p7,in_bio_buffer, flags);

lets me write the signature to a out_bio_buffer. I assume out_bio_buffer
can be a memory buffer as well:

char *out_buffer;
BIO *out_bio_buffer;
out_buffer = malloc(the_size_of_the_buffer);
out_bio_buffer = BIO_new_mem_buf(out_buffer,the_size_of_the_buffer);
SMIME_write_PKCS7(out_bio_buffer, p7,in_bio_buffer, flags);

- If this is correct, how can I find out the_size_of_the_buffer?
- If this is correct, can I then access the signature directly by reading
out_buffer?

The other question is:

Is there a function in the smime part of openssl that lets me extract the
header from the body part of a message, so I can simply:

- extract header and body
- sign body
- put together header and signed body

and then get a valid signed mail?

If not, does anybody know of a small library doing this. gmime is a bit
buggy in this respect (sorry for being a bit off-topic).

Bye
Tim