On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 05:01:02AM -0600, James Yonan wrote:
> The following program succeeds on 0.9.6 but
> fails on 0.9.7.  It tests the feature of
> calling EVP_CipherInit once to build
> a key schedule, then cycling through
> calls to EVP_CipherInit, EVP_CipherUpdate,
> and EVP_CipherFinal to encrypt/decrypt
> multiple messages with the same key.
>
> Is this a bug or a design change to
> the EVP layer?
>
> The ability to
> recycle an EVP_CIPHER_CTX is important
> to avoid having to reconstruct a key
> schedule for every message, when
> the key stays the same and only
> the IV changes.
>
> Is there a better way to do this that
> works on both 0.9.6 and 0.9.7?

The EVP interface has been changed between 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 in an
incompatible way. We are aware of problems caused by this change
and there is currently an internal discussion going on how
to handle the situation, including the option to revert to the
old behavior.

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/