You appear to be using some sort of BSD compatibility mode on Solaris.
If you have a cc binary /usr/ucb, *delete* it.  If you have /usr/ucblib
in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, take it out.

Paul Allen

"Yarbrough, Jeff" wrote:

> Keep getting a fatal error when trying to run the make command for openssl
>
> Here is the error:
>
> testing...
> cc -DMONOLITH -I../include -KPIC -DTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DDSO_DLFCN
> -DHAVE_DLFCN_H -xtarget=u
> ltra -xarch=v8plus -xO5 -xstrconst -xdepend -Xa -DB_ENDIAN -DBN_DIV2W
> -DULTRASPARC -DMD5_ASM
>  -c  speed.c
> ucbcc: Warning: Option
> -YP,:/usr/ucblib:/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/bin/../lib:/opt/SUNWspro/WS6U2/bi
> n:/usr/ccs/lib:/usr/lib passed to ld, if ld is invoked, ignored otherwise
> ucbcc: Warning: "-Xa" redefines compatibility mode from "SunC transition" to
> "ANSI"
> "/usr/ucbinclude/signal.h", line 49: syntax error before or at: int
> "/usr/ucbinclude/signal.h", line 49: warning: undefined or missing type for:
> int
> *** Error code 2
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `speed.o'
> Current working directory /usr/openssl-0.9.6c/apps
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `apps'
> Current working directory /usr/openssl-0.9.6c/test
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tests'
>
> Please share any insight into this.
>
> Jeffery M. Yarbrough
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Boeing Phantom Works                   \ Paul L. Allen, (425) 865-3297
Math & Computing Technology              \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
POB 3707 M/S 7L-40, Seattle, WA 98124-2207 \ Prototype Systems Group